Did you know there’s a new world growing through the cracks and crevices of the old one? To see this new world of practical visionaries, shift your attention from what’s dying—to what’s being born. The Practical Visionary helps you find gateways into the new world--and find your part within it. It’s a New World Guide to Spiritual Growth and Social Change. We can change ourselves--and change the world at the same time if we become practical visionaries.
A practical visionary is someone with an intuitive, positive vision of the future who develops effective skills and sensible strategies to implement that vision and meet urgent human needs. Visionary doesn’t have to mean unrealistic or illusionary. Starry-eyed dreamers and romantic idealists who can’t relate to the real needs of the present aren’t enough today. We need practical visionaries to help us through the current crises. While vision essentially comes from the spiritual dimension, being practical is responding creatively to what’s needed, appropriate and timely.
This book gives you tools to connect with your inner wisdom, your inner light, the new world within you. It helps you invoke the magic of your soul, so you can find the part that you can play in the new world all around you—and thrive—despite any crises.
You’ll learn how to attract the resources you need—by seeing money as a spiritual asset.
You’ll discover many new world centers you can visit for inspiration and for developing practical skills.
You’ll read amazing personal stories--like how the authors were able to create a successful spiritual/ecological community, teach meditation in the middle of the federal government, and convince corporate executives to support environmental principles.
The Practical Visionary gives you clues to our current Age of Synthesis--how everything is blending, fusing, transcending old polarities—races, religions, cultures, and styles. Hybrids and creative “mash-ups” are the leading edge. People are finding higher common ground to resolve conflicts.
The authors tell the story of practical visionaries--social innovators in every country—who have solutions to our toughest problems, such as:
• Micro-enterprise loans to reduce poverty;
• Bio-remediation using mushrooms to consume toxic pollution;
• Multi-stakeholder dialogues among adversaries to reduce violence;
• Permaculture methods to create healthier food and protect the environment.
The Practical Visionary gives eight keys to spiritual growth and social change:
1. Shift from what’s dying to what’s being born: discover the new world of practical visionaries all around you;
2. Understand the big picture and the higher evolutionary plan: find your part and get engaged;
3. Make your livelihood a social change strategy: be a spiritual warrior, an innovator, a reformer and/or an exemplar;
4. Invoke the magic of your soul: explore the new world within you and make friends with your subconscious;
5. Turn within to find your higher purpose and vision: develop a regular meditative practice to receive clear guidance;
6. Clarify your higher purpose and vision: create a mission, practical strategy and right timing;
7. See money as a spiritual asset: trust in the abundance of the universe—and be practical and wise;
8. Transform duality and conflict into a higher synthesis: find common ground personally and politically to change the world.
For a world in desperate need of new roadmaps for our future, The Practical Visionary is a powerful and timely gift.